B Analytics is a customizable platform for measuring, benchmarking and reporting on impact. Through B Analytics investors can:
- Search a database to find basic ratings information on over 1000 companies and 70 funds
- Access Market Trend information based on the aggregate performance on all the companies and funds in the system
- Measure and evaluate the performance of their portfolios using the B Impact Assessment, metrics from the IRIS Catalog, or custom metrics
- Benchmark and report on the impact of their portfolio based on either ratings information or responses to individual metrics
- Help their portfolio improve their impact by accessing “do-it-yourself” consulting tools built into the platform
Companies and funds that use B Analytics get can recognized for their performance by electing to become a certified B Corporation or GIIRS rated.
B Analytics is a project of the independent nonprofit B Lab. B Lab is a nonprofit organization that serves a global movement to redefine success in business so that all companies compete not only to be the best in the world, but the best for the world. For more information, visit https://www.bcorporation.net/, http://b-analytics.net/ and http://benefitcorp.net/.
Both IRIS and B Analytics are focused on improving the credibility and consistency of social and environmental performance reporting among impact investors. IRIS and B Analytics have been designed to be complementary and fulfill roles in the impact investing space that are analogous to those played by institutions in the traditional investing space.
B Analytics incorporate IRIS metrics into its company assessment framework – the B Impact Assessment. As such, organizations that go through B Corporation certification or a GIIRS rating process are required to provide data that is aligned with IRIS metrics. Furthermore, through the platform investors can ask portfolio companies to collect IRIS metrics of their own choosing in addition to or in place of the B Impact Assessment.
B Analytics shares data from GIIRS-rated companies and funds and B Certified companies with the IRIS initiative for use in producing broad market intelligence as a public good.