Public Comment Periods are an integral element to IRIS+ collaborative, transparent, and rigorous development process. The development of IRIS+ Core Metrics Sets, additions and edits to the IRIS catalog of Metrics, edits to Glossary Terms, as well IRIS+ Guidance materials are subject to 30-60 day Public Comment Periods open to all interested.
Currently open public comment periods
- IRIS Catalog of Metrics 5.1 and Glossary terms: Open February – March 2020. The IRIS Catalog of Metrics has been updated to include updates to existing metrics as well as new metrics related the themes of Sustainable Forestry, Access to Quality Education, Sustainable Water Management, and HIPSO indicators. View the Catalog of Metrics 5.1 and Glossary terms for comment here and submit your feedback here.
Previous public comment periods
- Core Metrics Sets: Sustainable Forestry, Access to Quality Education, Sustainable Water Management. Now closed. Held November-December 2019. View feedback received here (298 comments).
- Core Metrics Sets: Affordable Housing, Energy Access, Financial Inclusion, Gender Lens, Smallholder Agriculture, and Access to Quality Healthcare. Now Closed. Held January-March 2019. View feedback received here (510 comments).
- IRIS+ Thematic Taxonomy. Now closed. Held October 2018-January 2019. View feedback received here (446 comments).
Upcoming public comment periods
- Core Metrics Sets: Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH). Further details and timing to be provided.
How to participate of IRIS+ Public Comment Periods?
Anybody can participate of IRIS+ Public Comment Periods. Materials for feedback are shared by the IRIS+ team to all IRIS+ Working Group Members, IRIS+ subscribers, and also made via the IRIS+ system. To participate of an open comment period follow the following steps:
- Access the materials that are open for comment (see above comment periods currently open)
- Provide feedback via the link above (see “submit your feedback”).
- If you are not able to access the materials or feedback form, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about IRIS+ process and principles for development and ongoing updates.