Public Comment Periods are an integral element to IRIS+ collaborative, transparent, and rigorous development process. The development of IRIS+ Core Metrics Sets, additions and edits to the IRIS catalog of Metrics, edits to Glossary Terms, as well IRIS+ Guidance materials are subject to 30-60 day Public Comment Periods open to all interested.
Previous public comment periods
- IRIS Catalog of Metrics 5.2 and Glossary terms: Now closed. The IRIS Catalog of Metrics has been updated to include updates to existing metrics as well as new metrics related to the themes of Quality Jobs, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Climate Change Mitigation.
- Methodology for Standardizing and Comparing Impact Performance: Building upon IRIS+ metrics, this methodology offers an approach to assess and compare impact results across impact investments. Now closed. Held November 2020 - March 2021. View feedback received here (206 comments).
- IRIS Catalog of Metrics 5.1 and Glossary terms: Now closed. The IRIS Catalog of Metrics has been updated to include updates to existing metrics as well as new metrics related the themes of Sustainable Forestry, Access to Quality Education, Sustainable Water Management, and HIPSO indicators.
- Core Metrics Sets: Sustainable Forestry, Access to Quality Education, Sustainable Water Management. Now closed. Held November-December 2019. View feedback received here (298 comments).
- Core Metrics Sets: Affordable Housing, Energy Access, Financial Inclusion, Gender Lens, Smallholder Agriculture, and Access to Quality Healthcare. Now Closed. Held January-March 2019. View feedback received here (510 comments).
- IRIS+ Thematic Taxonomy. Now closed. Held October 2018-January 2019. View feedback received here (446 comments).
Upcoming public comment periods
- Core metrics sets, new and updated metrics, and glossary updates for the Climate Change Mitigation theme are expected to be added to the currently open Public Comment Period for Quality Jobs and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) themes in early December 2020.
How to participate of IRIS+ Public Comment Periods?
Anybody can participate of IRIS+ Public Comment Periods. Materials for feedback are shared by the IRIS+ team to all IRIS+ Working Group Members, IRIS+ subscribers, and also made via the IRIS+ system. To participate of an open comment period follow the following steps:
- Access the materials that are open for comment (see above comment periods currently open)
- Provide feedback via the link above (see “submit your feedback”).
- If you are not able to access the materials or feedback form, contact email@example.com
Learn more about IRIS+ process and principles for development and ongoing updates.