- We may make the name, website, geographic location, and description of your organization, the amount and purpose of your investment, investment impact objectives, the sectors and geographic location of interest to you and any other information you provide about your organization and investments available to and searchable by the public on the Site, and this information may be downloaded or exported by the public from the Site.
- Additionally, the Site may contain message boards, chat rooms, forums, bulletin boards and other interactive features that allow you to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users' content or materials on or through the Website. Such information may be available to and searchable by the public on the Site.
- You may be asked to create a username and password, along with providing other registration information (collectively "Registration Data") as part of the registration process. You are responsible for the accuracy and currency of your Registration Data.
- You may be asked to provide us with information about yourself if you register for a member account with the Site, or for inclusion in a member profile or membership directory, such as the name and email address of a primary contact person. If you provide the Site with that information, such information will be available and searchable as part of a member profile for inclusion in a membership directory accessible only by other paying members registered with the Site. .
- You may be asked to provide us with other information about yourself, such as your address or the address of a contact person, your fax number, and your credit card information. We do not store or retain your credit card information; we use a secure third-party service provider to process your credit card information which is not permitted to store, retain, or use billing information except for the purpose of credit card processing on the GIIN's behalf.
Records of Correspondence.
The GIIN may collect records and copies of your correspondence with us (including email addresses) if you contact us.
When you visit the Site, we may send one or more “cookies” - small data files - to your computer to uniquely identify your browser and let the GIIN help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Site. . A persistent cookie remains on your computer after you close your browser so that it can be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.
You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. In this respect, the following links provide instructions in order to manage your cookies preferences:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Enabling+and+disabling+cookies
- Finally, you may visit www.aboutcookies.org, a website providing comprehensive information about how to manage your cookies settings on a broad variety of browsers.
However, some features of the Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
We will retain cookies for thirteen (13) months from the collection of your consent.
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Site, our servers may automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Clear GIFs Information.
When you use the Site, we may employ clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. No personally identifiable information is collected using these clear GIFs. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting and make the Site better for our users.
Uses of Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- to enable us to achieve our legitimate objectives of offering you a better experience on our Site (by presenting the Site and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer) and having an ongoing relationship with you (by notifying you about any changes to the Site)
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us (that you may opt out of via instruction in email messages). If you do not want to receive such marketing emails, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (which may involve notably the creation of your member profile for inclusion in our member directory), otherwise the contract may not be executed;
- to process your application to a position at the GIIN in accordance with your consent. As already stated above, you are informed that you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com; and,
- to enable us to fulfill our legal obligations to which the GIIN is subject.
Sharing of information for Third Party Services.
Personally Identifiable Information.
We will only disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission to the extent necessary to: (A) to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, government request, or other legal process; (B) to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of the GIIN or others; (C) to enforce any terms of service on the Site; (D) to provide you with the services or products requested by you and to perform other activities related to such services and products, including billing and collection; (E) in connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the GIIN, or (F) to operate the GIIN’s systems properly.
We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of the GIIN (for instance, on servers or databases collocated with hosting providers). We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
We may share or disclose your information with your consent, such as if you choose to sign on to the Site through a third-party service.
The GIIN may disclose your personal information to address fraud, security or technical issues;.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain of the GIIN’s services.
Retention of your personal information
The GIIN will keep your personal information for the duration of our contractual relationship extended by five (5) years.
If we do not have any contractual relationship, the GIIN will keep your personal information for three (3) years after your last correspondence with us.
On the expiry of the applicable data retention period, the GIIN undertakes to erase or irrevocably anonymize the relevant personal information.
You can review, update, or remove the information you included in your member profile by logging into the Site, visiting your member profile page, and making changes. You may also request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us or opt out of providing a member profile. In addition, you have the rights to:
- restriction of processing;
- data portability;
- object to the processing on grounds relating to your particular situation; and,
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us by email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Such requests will be honored within 1 month.
Protection of Your Information.
In order to protect your personal information, the GIIN has put in place what the GIIN believes to be reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal data. However, no assurances can be given that these security measures will prevent any unauthorized interception of or access to your personal data and, to the extent the GIIN has complied with its data security obligations under the applicable legal requirements, and in particular the European Regulation no. 2016/679 dated 27 April 2016, you hereby agree not to hold the GIIN liable for use of your personal data obtained in any unauthorized manner.
Privacy of Children.
The GIIN does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of sixteen (16) or knowingly allow such persons to register with the Site. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under age of sixteen (16) without verified parental consent, we will delete that information from the Site.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
One Battery Park Plaza, Suite 202
New York, NY 10004