The IRIS+ Advisory Body supports the evolution of the IRIS+ standards. The IRIS+ Advisory Body comprises two committees, which are convened to provide advice, guidance, and support for the ongoing development of IRIS+ including strategy, adoption, and harmonization efforts.
Each committee within the IRIS+ Advisory Body is responsible for the following:
- Strategy Committee: Responsible for strategic direction of IRIS+ in line with market needs.
- Harmonization Committee: Responsible for the alignment between IRIS+ and key cross-sector initiatives and standards
The Advisory Body is informed by the work of specific IRIS+ Expert Groups
The IRIS+ Expert Groups support discrete activities set forth by the overall strategy for IRIS+. For 2019 - 2020, the IRIS+ Expert Groups have been divided into three focus areas to support Adoption, Technical, and Data priorities.
Each expert group is responsible for the following:
- Expert Group on Adoption: Responsible for increasing awareness and use of IRIS+ around the world.
- Expert Group on Technical Requirements: Responsible for ensuring the robustness of IRIS+ Core Metrics Sets, foundational standards documents, guidance materials, and templates.
- Expert Group on Data: Responsible for ensuring the IRIS+ system enables data comparability for research utility & future benchmarking.
The IRIS+ system is updated and improved on an ongoing basis through a formal and open process that includes review and inclusion of existing 3rd party standards, input from expert groups and advisors, feedback from users, and formal public comment periods open to all interested.
Anyone wishing to provide feedback can do so by clicking the “Feedback” links throughout the IRIS+ system, or reaching out directly to the GIIN by e-mailing email@example.com.