The IRIS+ Advisory Body supports the evolution of the IRIS+ data standard. The IRIS+ Advisory Body comprises two committees, which are convened to provide advice, guidance, and support for the ongoing development of IRIS+, including strategy and technical review.
Each committee within the IRIS+ Advisory Body is responsible for the following:
- Strategy Committee: Responsible for strategic direction of IRIS+ in line with market needs.
- Technical Review Committee: Responsible for advising on technical reviews and priorities of IRIS+ to ensure a transparent and user-driven standard revision process.
The Advisory Body is informed by the work of specific IRIS+ Expert Groups & Committees
The IRIS+ Advisory Body is informed by the work of the Standards Harmonization Committee as well as by discrete Expert Groups.
- Standards Harmonization Committee: Supports the alignment between IRIS+ and key cross-sector initiatives and standards.
- Expert Groups: Support discrete activities set forth by the overall strategy for IRIS+. For 2019 - 2020, the IRIS+ Expert Groups have been divided into two focus areas to support ongoing thematic coverage and data interoperability priorities.
- Expert Group on theme-specific content: Responsible for informing the thematic content development, from the Navigating Impact project to the standardization and transition into IRIS+.
- Expert Group on Data: Responsible for informing API needs to ensure the IRIS+ system enables data interoperability in order to advance comparability for research utility & future benchmarking.
The IRIS+ system is updated and improved on an ongoing basis through a formal and open process that includes review and inclusion of existing 3rd party standards, input from expert groups and advisors, feedback from users, and formal public comment periods open to all interested.
Anyone wishing to provide feedback can do so by clicking the “Feedback” links throughout the IRIS+ system, or reaching out directly to the GIIN by e-mailing email@example.com.